Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Milledgeville....Second Week of Transfer!

I LOVE GEORGIA!!!! Things are really great down here! We had snow a last week...so that was fun. But everybody freaked out cuz they ain't used to it like we are. But it was rather frightening to drive in. Not to mention that a couple of days ago, I almost hit a deer. BAH! But anyways. Our teaching pool is rather dead. We were teaching a man, but he's kinda disappeared. He was just about to be interviewed for baptism as well.
We've been teaching two older black ladies. But we aren't sure how solid they are...so we'll see how things go. Pray for them! We've also been teaching a young man...probably in his late twenties. And he seems open. He was the one to call us and schedule an appointment...(That NEVER happens, by the way) So keep him in your prayers. I challenged him to pray about baptism for March 6. So we'll see what happens.
I love my mission. I'm learning so much and growing each and every day. I'm not the same person that I was when I left. I've grown spiritually and mentally. It's amazing how close you get to your Savior and your Father in Heaven when on a mission. It's wonderful. And being in the south is a different experience just as well. It's almost like a different culture down here. But I love the people of the south. They are so nice and genuine. And, boy, they know their bible. Probably more so than I do! But it's wonderful. Cuz they are close to our Savior and eventually, they will come to accept him and his gospel. The church is true and it is wonderful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment