Monday, February 22, 2010

My companion is an amazing songwriter!!

Well, this week has been semi interesting. I've been trying to adjust to having a third companion. Especially one that is rather old....hmmm. It's been an adjustment, but if I've learned anything on my mission, it's how to adjust. Bah. I hate change. But missions are all about change!! Anyways, my compie is a songwriter. She wrote this amazing song. It's taken from Mormon, chapter 6. It's written from Mormon's point of view on how he watches his whole civilization be destroyed because of their wickedness. It also pulls at the heartstrings of anyone who has served a mission. Especially a mission where it's more of a hunting mission *cough* Europe and USA *cough* So here are the lyrics:

"O ye fair ones why,
Have ye turned away to die,
When your Savior stood with arms stretched to recieve you?
O ye fair sons and daughters,
How great has been your slaughter.
Why have ye let that Evil One deceive you,
That the Spirit, at last, was forced to leave you?

As your Captain and your friend,
I am with you till the end.
I have warned you, but my words have only grieved you.
When we stand at judgment day,
What would ye have me say?
I reached out for you,
But I could not retrieve you.
Would you dare to tell me then, "I don't believe you?"

O my soul is rent with pain,
For the anguish of your slain.
But ye are gone and cannot return."

The melody that goes with it is gorgeous. I love it. It is especially good for anyone who's served a mission and been rejected over and over....

We are teaching a couple of people right now. A man who called us up and wanted to meet with us. Not sure how solid he is though. He might just be looking for information. He has an open mind though, and doesn't bash. So that's good. We are also teaching a woman. She's wonderful and has met with missionaries before. So hopefully, we can get her baptized. Just keep them in your prayers.

I'm learning to speak with a Southern accent, which is fun, cuz I know it's gonna drive Maridy absolutely crazy when I come home. Hehehe.

I had an experience the last few days that reaffirmed my testimony on the priesthood. I was really sick on Saturday and Sister Hardman was trying to find someone to give me a blessing. Cuz our DL is an office elder and was at Zone Conference. So we called the bishop and one of his counselors and they gave me a beautiful blessing and I immediately felt better. I love being able to have the priesthood in our lives.

Anyways....Bye for now! Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment