Sunday, September 19, 2010

"I gave you TEN Commandments....not nine....not eight....TEN!!!" Love, God

** From email sent June 28 **

Oh my heck!!! What a week! It has been a freaking emotional roller coaster ride. This past week was horrendous.....and looooong!!!! But Sister Gay is totally getting baptized tomorrow. And her three kids are as well!! HURRAY FOR ZION!!!!!!! Sorry, Milledgeville inside jokes are a part of who I am now.....:D But Sister Gay is so awesome! She totally got Antied by her mom....cuz her mom doesn't like us....but she is so solid! She totally didn't care and she knows that what she is doing is right. Satan can just EAT IT!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Anyways, Sister May is also doing very well, except she didn't make it to church yesterday....hmmmm. She's having a hard time giving up tea so please pray for her. But we went to dinner at her house on Friday. She made us barbeque ribs, potato salad, baked beans and turtle brownies....YUM!!!!

We also met a mom and her 10 year old son last week. Her son is hysterical!! He is so funny! He loves the missionaries. He's so cute. He says the most random things, such as: "When I see the blue smoke around me, I know it's good and when I see the red smoke, I know it's evil." We say: "Do you see the blue smoke now?" And he says: "yeah" so we say: "Then we're good." :D And he says, "I wanna be baptized every day!" And "God kicked Satan outta Heaven with his foot!" And "Someone needs to knock Satan out." I couldn't agree more, personally. :D And then, after his mom prayed, he said "I feel so good right now!" He is so in the water. We just gotta convince mom first. :D He was really excited to get the Book of Mormon. :D he said, "THE BOOK OF MORMON!!!!!!!!!! I finally have a Book of Mormon!!!!" It was really cute. He's a trip, I tell ya.

So, I learned how uncoordinated I really am this morning. Sister Savage and I were studying in our little study room and in between personal study and companionship planning, she got up to use the bathroom....so I leaned back in my chair, it's like a swivel office type chair that you see in business offices...but.......apparently I leaned toooooo far back and fell over backwards in my office chair. And not only that, I was stuck. So when Sister Savage walks in from the bathroom, the first thing she sees is Sister Hoggard on the floor, in her chair with her feet in the air. I heard her come in and then stop in her tracks. I look up at her and say, "I'm stuck!" Apparently we had a good laugh trying to get me untangled and out of that corner. Luckily, I didn't hit my head on the corner of the dresser. The last thing President needs to hear is that one of his beloved Sister missionaries (He truly does love the sisters) has cracked her head open due to her uncoordination and stupidity. But oh well. It's not the first or last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment