Monday, September 13, 2010

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!!!!

** From an email sent June 14 **

SO GUESS WHAT!!!!????? Milledgeville couldn't take it anymore so they shipped me off....or rather, I flew south for the summer. I am now in Valdosta, Georgia. Clear down on the border of Georgia and Florida. Had to take the longest drive of my life to get here. We left Milledgeville at 8 in the morning and drove to Macon. Then, the assistants drove us to Statesboro, cuz Sister Child was going to Savannah and then the assistants drove us to Tifton and THEN we had to drive another hour to our area. I love it though, but it's freakin hot though! MAN!!! It's made me sick, but luckily I have a great companion that is taking care of me and President told us not to do too much tracting during the day and to drink at least a gallon of water each day. My companion is......*drum roll, please*.......Sister Savage!!!! I get her again. Remember, she was my MTC companion? She is so great. We've opened Valdosta to sisters....can you believe it? We've only been out here six months and already we are opening an area! I can't believe it! The elders left us so pretty amazing people for us to teach....so maybe I'll actually have a baptism that goes through....maybe they'll get baptized for reals this time! We are teaching a woman named Patty...who actually called the church and wants to learn and be baptized. She had taken the lessons years ago, but her husband wouldn't let her be baptized. But she's getting divorced and what's the first thing she does? Calls the church and wants to get baptized!!! Can you say golden? She already knows it's true for crying out loud. She told us so! She's so amazing! I love her. We are also teaching a lady named Belinda and her 11 year old son Jason....(Good name, I think :D ) So, they wanna get baptized and they are so great.

Our ward here is AWESOME!!! And so far, our bishop doesn't seem to be breaking any rules. He's really young though. He's probably only about Lori's age or so. So...like 22? No, he's like Lori's real age. :D So, he's pretty young, but super nice. The ward was all excited to see Sisters.

Our apartment is soooooo nice!!! Dang, the church treats us good. But Elders lived in it last, so I open up the cupboards on the first day and guess what I find? Ramen noodles, nesquick, and corndogs!!! Yummy! NOT!!!! Elders need to learn how to cook a little. Just kidding, I love elders!!! I've been going through Elder withdrawels from my last area. LOL!!! But luckily we get to go get our groceries today, so we can get some more real food.

I got heat exhaustion on Friday. Sister Savage was so worried about me. She looked at me while we were standing on a door step. She said I was white as a sheet and was shaking. So she gently pulled on my arm to move me away from the stairs cuz she was scared I was gonna pass out on her. So we got back in the car, turned on the cool air and she made me drink lots of water. So I'm slowly getting used to this heat. Ugh. Thank goodness I am only here for one summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment