Monday, March 22, 2010

New Companion

I am still in Milledgeville, but I have a new companion. Her name is Sister Rolfson. She's from Canada. This is her last transfer, which means I'll be the one sending her home and I know that it'll make me a little trunky, so I try not to think about it too much. But, I'm still the designated driver. I like listening to her speak cuz sometimes her Canadian accent comes out. :) She's an art major and she's the youngest of four kids. She has three older brothers.

As for our investigators. Jessica is committed for baptism on April 2. She's 19 and has the cutest little girl. And we are now teaching Sister Julia (an 81 year old sweet baptist woman that LOVES the Sisters) and she is "chewing" the idea of getting baptized. She came to church yesterday so that's promising. But as for that, not much else is happening. The ward is still the same....kind of hard to handle, but it's all good. Jessica came to church yesterday with her baby's daddy, so I'm believing she'll get baptized...I hope her boyfriend joins her and then they can get married and then sealed and then happily ever after.....pray for them all. Jessica also came to a relief society activity on Thursday. It was great, because that meant that all the sisters could go too and enjoy a free meal. :) But it was called Daughters of Zion and Sister Rolfson and I sang "As Sisters in Zion" and it was really good. They had good food and a good program. The program was all about famous women in church history....Eve, Ruth, Mary, Emma and Lucy Smith. It was really good.

Before Sister Hardman got transferred to Rincon, she and I wrote another song/poem:

"MY SAVIOR'S TOUCH"

I can see it coming,
Through the fields of clover.
I can feel it coming,
Soon this change will be over.

There is sunlight,
There is moonlight,
There is my light,
Never faded.

I see the stars,
They seem to be glowing.
'Look at you.' they seem to say.
'You're growing.'

It's been hard,
There's been so much.
But all is healed,
Through my Savior's touch.

I wrote it the day she left. I hate change. I just want my routine back. *sigh* oh well. I'll visit Sister Hardman after we both come home. She only lives near Logan, so she's close by. We could go to the temple and stuff sometime. But life is good. It's hard, but I still love it. It's when we find people like Jessica and Julia that make it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment